"Reviewing, amending and supplementing current regulations, implementing breakthrough solutions, motivating the development of vocational education" is a key task in vocational education for the coming period. This is confirmed by the Director General of the Directorate of Vocational Education and Training (Ministry of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs) Truong Anh Dung, speaking to a reporter of the Ha Noi Moi news.
Director General of the Directorate of Vocational Education and Training Truong Anh Dung
There have been some positives progress
- Can you share something some of the impressive highlights of the field of vocational education over the past time?
- The first highlight is that the institutions and policies on vocational education continue to be improved and put into use. DVET has advised the MOLISA to submit to the Secretariat for promulgation a Directive on "Continuing to innovate, develop and improve the quality of vocational training and education until 2030, with a vision to 2045", completing projects up until 2030 and submitting to the Government and the Prime Minister for approval the scheme on vocational training for rural laborers, the scheme on Vietnam labour skill enhancement ...
The second emphasis is on strengthening staff capacity. With the mission of training for more than 75% of human resources directly used for production, business, services, vocational training and education always receive the attention and close direction of the Government, in order to take advantage of opportunities of the golden population, forming direct human resources of high quality, efficiency and professional skills, attending to the socio-economic development.
- What were the specific positive changes in the field of vocational education and training in last year, sir?
- In fact, there have been some breakthrough moves. Enrollment and training exceed planned targets, flexible training methods, effective job creation, contributing to the supply of skilled human resources for economic recovery and development. Many domestic and foreign enterprises have actively sought out vocational education institutions to immediately participate in the enrollment process, order training, and recruit students before and after graduation. Thanks to synchronous and appropriate solutions, in 2022, Vietnam will witness an enrollment of 2,259,140 people, accounting for 108.3% of the plan. The number of graduates is 2,096,000 people, accounting for 115% of the plan, contributing to increasing the percentage of trained human resources, and improving the quality of human resources, especially skilled human resources, attending to economic recovery and development.
Additionally, the quality of vocational training continues to improve. Through many resources, in which the emphasis is on international cooperation activities, the vocational education system is increasingly developed. According to the Vietnam Provincial Competitiveness Index report in 2021, about 95% of FDI enterprises said that the quality of labor meets the needs, 58% of FDI enterprises rated the labor as satisfied and meet the majority of business needs.
Along with that, communication activities, honoring teachers and learners have spread values, sparked innovation and creativity in vocational education and training, and contributed to raising society's awareness of vocational education.
Deploying solutions synchronously
- Promoting the achieved results, in 2023, how does DVET set specific targets, sir?
- We strive to enroll 2,295,000 people, reaching 110% of the 2022 plan; in which, at college and intermediate level: 530,000 people; elementary level and other occupational programs: 1,765,000 people. The graduation target is 2,043,000 people, accounting for 112% of the plan in 2022, of which college and intermediate level: 346,000 people; elementary level and other occupational programs: 1,697,000 people.
- At the Conference on implementing labor, meritorious and social tasks in 2023 organized by the Ministry of Labor - War Invalids and Social Affairs on January 14, 2023, Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh emphasized some requirements on vocational education and training, including the task of “renovating and improving the quality of vocational education by 2030 in an open and flexible manner, according to international standards; promote the public-private partnership model in vocational education and training”. In order to fulfill these requirements well, what are the main solutions?
- Along with the requirements of renewing and improving the quality of vocational education and training, the Prime Minister also requires the formulation and effective implementation of the strategy for human resource development; making effective use of the golden population structure, actively adapting to population aging. At the same time, there must be a breakthrough solution to improve labor productivity; especially enhancing digital skills for employees…
To implement these requirements, DVET has determined that it is necessary to synchronously deploy key groups of solutions; in which, the leading group of solutions is to continue to improve the system of legal documents in the field of vocational education and skill development. Along with that is the implementation of the vocational education development strategy for the period 2021-2030, with a vision to 2045; Planning the network of vocational education institutions for the period of 2021-2030, with a vision to 2045.
In addition, DVET also focuses on implementing the digital transformation program in vocational education to 2025, with a vision to 2030; at the same time, implement Vietnam's national qualification framework for vocational education and training levels.
Another important task is to receive and restructure the system of vocational education institutions from other ministries and agencies to be managed by the Ministry of Labor - War Invalids and Social Affairs according to the conclusion dated August 24, 2022 of the Committee for restructuring organizational apparatus of Ministries, ministerial-level agencies, and Governmental agencies. In addition, the task of focusing on the formation and development of national and regional centers for high-quality vocational training and practice in the three regions has also been strengthened in accordance with the Vocational Education and Training Development Strategy.
- So what will DVET do to continue to innovate and make a drastic change in the quality of vocational education and training?
- We will implement solutions for vocational education and training development in the direction of application, practice, internship, ensuring to meet the demand for skilled human resources for the labor market, contributing to improving labor productivity and the competitiveness of the economy in the context of the Fourth Industrial Revolution and international integration. In particular, focus on synchronous investment solutions for facilities, equipment and quality assurance conditions for high-quality vocational education institutions. On the one hand, the assessment and granting of national vocational skills certificates for workers and accreditation of vocational education quality must be strengthened, on the other hand, cooperation between vocational education institutions and enterprises must be strengthened in recruitment, training and job placement.
In addition, DET will also actively connect with international organizations to create a coordination channel to provide, fully and timely updated information for objective and accurate assessment and ranking. determine the index of “Vocational training quality” and implement other solutions to improve the index of “Vocational training quality”.
Thank you very much!