1. Submit to Minister of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs for promulgating under his authority or submit to competent state agency:
a) Law project, draft resolution of the National Assembly (NA); ordinance project, draft resolution of the NA’s Standing Committee; draft resolution, decree of the Government; draft decision of the Prime Minister; draft circular, decision of Minister of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs;
b) Five-year and annual VET strategies, planning, plans; national technical regulations, specialized economic – technical norms in the field of VET; national occupational skills standards.
2. Assist Minister of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs in directing, guiding and organizing implementation of legal normative documents, policies, strategies, planning, plans, national target programmes, target programmes and projects concerned with the VET sector.
3. Promulgate guidance documents on professional knowledge, skills in the VET sector under its state management authority.
4. Manage all qualification levels of VET within the national qualifications framework (NQF); refer qualification levels of VET to the ASEAN Qualifications Reference Framework (AQRF) and to other NQFs.
5. Regarding formal training:
a) Manage the list of training disciplines, occupations of college, intermediate qualification levels; hard and toxic discipline, occupations; disciplines, occupations having enrolment difficulties but with social demand; disciplines, occupations allowed for cooperation with foreign countries in the VET sector; disciplines, occupations in which enterprises must employ trained workforce.
b) Develop minimum knowledge amount for specific training qualification levels and discipline, occupations; competency requirements for graduates of specific qualification levels of VET;
c) Guide to implement the process of developing, appraising, promulgating curricula for elementary, intermediate and college levels;
d) Follow up on implementation of year-based, module- or credit-based curricula;
dd) Guide VET institutes to compile, select, appraise, approve and use curricula, syllabuses; apply curricula of foreign countries; identify norms and regulations with regards to enrolment, exams, tests, graduation recognition, and certification. Examine VET institutes in Vietnam in granting certificates, diplomas of foreign countries; training permeability and cooperation of VET institutes; develop accreditation criteria, standards and organize evaluation, recognition of high-quality schools.
6. Regarding continuing training:
a) Guide to develop, manage the list of continuing training disciplines, occupations;
b) Guide to implement programmes of continuing training according to requirements of learners; programmes of further training, updating, building occupational knowledge, skills; vocational training programmes in forms of on-the-job training, hand-down of trades, internship; technological transfer programmes; other training programmes with duration of less than 03 months; training programmes which issue college-, intermediate-level diplomas and elementary-level certificates in forms of in-service training, distance learning, guided self-study and training, further training, developing occupational skills levels; in-company training;
c) Organize implementation of regulations on continuing training, vocational training for rural workers, in-company training; training support policies for rural workers, disabled people, ethnic minority people, female workers and other policy subjects as regulated.
7. Regarding VET teachers and managers:
a) Collaborate, develop standards on professional knowledge, skills, professional titles of VET teachers and managers at all levels;
b) Develop and implement further training programmes with regards to pedagogical and occupational knowledge, skills for VET teachers and managers within authority. Manage and organize training, further training for VET teachers and managers, instructors of continuing training programmes;
c) Provide guidelines on recruitment of VET officials; implement regimes, policies, professional knowledge and skill standards for teachers and heads of VET institutes; implement the regulation on evaluation of VET officials;
d) Coordinate, organize exams for upgrading professional titles of VET officials within authority;
dd) Guide to organize teaching festivals for VET teachers at all levels; organize the national teaching festival for VET teachers.
8. Regarding student affairs:
a) Guide to implement the regulation on student affairs; implement prevention and control of crimes and social evils and develop a healthy educational environment in VET institutes and education on political ideology, ethics, lifestyle, culture, arts for students; physical education, healthcare, emulation, commendation and reward in VET institutes.
b) Organize implementation of policies on student credit, scholarship funded by the state budget; management of tuition fees, policies on reducing and exempting tuition fees, supporting vocational training costs and other policies for students of VET curricula;
c) Manage activities of scientific research, career consultancy, orientation, startup for students of VET institutes;
d) Guide to implement national defense – security education tasks for students of VET institutes. Regularly organize national culture, performance, gymnastics and sports competitions for students.
9. Regarding physical facilities and training equipment:
a) Develop economic – technical norms in the field of training by specific training discipline, occupations and qualification levels and by focal discipline, occupations and levels. Develop and guide to implement standards on physical facilities of VET institutes, standards on physical education and sports facilities in VET institutes; the list of minimum required training equipment for specific discipline, occupations; material, equipment expenditures during the training process for specific training disciplines, occupations and qualification levels;
b) Organize adoption and application of physical facilities standards, training equipment list according to curricula transferred by foreign country;
c) Guide to implement competitions for self-manufactured training equipment at all levels; organize competition for self-manufactured training equipment at national level.
10. Regarding VET quality accreditation:
a) Guide to implement regulations on VET quality accreditation;
b) Manage implementation of VET quality accreditation;
c) Develop and guide to implement the VET quality assurance system; quality self-evaluation of VET institutes;
d) Organize training, further training on professional knowledge and skills for accreditors; manage, coordinate the contingent of VET accreditors;
dd) Receive profiles and provide guidelines on establishment, organization and operation of VET accreditation centers; on recognition of foreign organizations having competence to conduct accreditation of foreign curricula delivered in Vietnam;
e) Organize development of the national VET quality assurance framework with reference to ASEAN and international qualifications.
11. Regarding assessment, granting national occupational skill certificate:
a) Manage the national occupational skills framework and the system of national occupational skills standards, mutual recognition of occupational skills among countries;
b) Guide to develop national occupational skills standards for specific occupations and levels; assume prime responsibility in appraising national occupational skills standards; reviewing, updating national occupational skills standards; guiding to use national occupational skills standards and apply those of ASEAN and international countries in Vietnam;
c) Compile test assigments for national occupational skills; develop the list of physical facilities, equipment for assessment of national occupational skills for specific occupation; establish and manage bank of test assigments for national occupational skills;
d) Organize training, further training on professional knowledge, skills for accessors and experts in developing, appraising standards, test assignment for national occupational skills; grant and withdraw national occupational skills assessor’s card and manage, coordinate the contingent of assessors;
dd) Develop plans, direct the implementation of assessing, granting national occupational skills certificate; grant national occupational skills certificate and grant, withdraw registration certificate for assessing, granting national occupational skills certificate;
e) Establish and manage the database on assessing, granting national occupational skills certificates;
g) Manage the list of and propose to change tasks which have impacts on health safety of individuals and community and required to have national occupational skills certificate.
12. Guide and organize the implementation of research, dissemination, transfer and application of science, technology in the VET sector as regulated.
13. Implement international cooperation in the VET sector in line with law regulations and decentralization of Minister of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs.
14. Implement the statistics, information work and develop the database on VET across the country.
15. Provide guidelines on skills competitions at all levels; organize the national skills competition, participate in ASEAN and international skills competitions.
16. Organize communication, dissemination, law education within its state management authority of VET.
17. Examine establishment, separation, merger, temporary suspension of operation, dissolution, renaming of VET institutes; joint venture, association with foreign countries; VET delivery registration; establishment of representative offices of foreign VET organizations, institutes in Vietnam; establishment of VET pedagogy faculties in colleges; recognition, not recognition of rectors of private and foreign-invested colleges. Organize establishment of colleges; registration of VET delivery and training cooperation with foreign countries for colleges, higher education institutes; recognition of management boards of private and foreign-invested colleges.
18. Regarding inspection, examination, settlement of claims, denunciations:
a) Conduct the function of specialized inspection of VET. Organize inspection, examination and handling of law violations in VET and assessing national occupational skills in line with regulations;
b) Handle claims, denunciations in the VET sector within its authority.
19. Manage organizational structure, job positions, personnel of officials, public servants, employees; implement the salary regime and other regimes, policies for officials, public servants; organize emulation and commendation, reward in the VET sector within its management authority in line with law regulations and decentralization of Minister of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs.
20. Manage allocated finance and assets and implement the allocated budget in line with law regulations.
21. Conduct administrative reforms in the VET sector in line with decentralization of Minister of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs.
22. Perform other tasks as assigned by Minister of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs and in line with law regulations.